Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Out There Questions #1

When I say "out there", I mean questions I'm going to ask "out there" to my readers, not necessarily a strange question.


Okay.


Today I'm going to pose a question (or two) to anyone reading my blog, because it's been NAGGING me. I'm going to do this every once in a while, just for fun and (hopefully) responses.


Here's the situation;


Most girls have guy friends. Most guys have girl friends. There's a barrier between them due to some vast gender differences (guys normally mind hearing about "that time"). Girls get very emotional, that's a fact of life. We all know it, we girls all do it. We get upset and we cry and we need a friend and SOMETIMES, sometimes we need our guy friends. 


SOMETIMES, though, guys do not know how to respond to that. My perception of it is that if a girl is a blubbering weepy mess, guys really want to distance themselves for a bit. NOTE. This is only my perception, and is not necessarily true. This is also not based upon experience, as I try not to blubber to my guy friends, and my guy friends have not made a big deal of my emotional explosions. 


I try not to get too emotional with my guy friends because I truly don't know how they'll react, no matter what they say. No offense, but humans in general will say they will not get bothered, and when the situation arises, it bothers them. Girls and guys alike are guilty of it. 


I didn't dare put up a gender difference cartoon, for fear of being lynched by either gender. 




So my questions are these.


GUYS: When a girl needs you and is an emotional mess, how do you react? How can girls present the problems they have in a way that you'll sit and listen to them (if you're the kind of guy who gets bothered by tears)?


GIRLS: How do you ask a guy when you need help with emotional trouble? How do you want your guy friends to react? 


Please spread this post. PLEASE SPREAD THIS POST. I need/want answers, people! I'm going to post this on Facebook. Share it, comment, can be anonymous or whatever, but please, get it out there! I'm not doing this for shameless promotion, I'm really trying to get some answers. Thanks in advance!

2 comments:

  1. Honestly, I'm a really private person. I don't really talk to a lot of people about any problems I'm having. I guess when I've had issues in the past, I just tell the guy how I feel and I don't really care how he perceives it. I don't ever come off as the crying, weepy type, I'm not one for showing emotion everywhere though. I don't wear my heart on my sleeve.

    I'd like them to be respectful and react however they want to really. I don't really have a concrete expectation. But what I can say is when I've asked guys for help they've always been there and haven't considered me a bother, at least not to my knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm a guy, and I generally respond logically to whatever the problem is. I don't tell people to "suck it up" or anything like that, but I try to bring some gravity to the situation to make the person realize that it's not the worst thing in the World, and that things always get better.
    I also try to listen as much as I can, because it helps people realize themselves that it's not all that bad if they get to think about it for a while instead of panicking.

    ReplyDelete