Sunday, December 11, 2011

Twilit

WARNING: This post contains spoilers for the video game, "Twilight Princess", so those of you who haven't played it and plan to (or even if you DON'T)...GTFO RIGHT NOW. Right now, do you hear me?! Also, this post is mostly about Midna. Because I now love her. LOVE her.

...It seems a lot of my posts are coming with warnings lately. Might have to fix that.


Please listen to THIS as you read this post. SO beautiful! 


Okay. I finished playing "Twilight Princess" at 1:30 this morning. It took me two and a half weeks to finish this game. I logged in 190 hours of game play (150 if you don't count the ones I was asleep for). I screamed. I cried. I cursed at the controller, at Midna, at Link, at EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER IN THE GAME. I threw a tantrum at EVERY task, including the first ones in Ordon Village. I didn't get enough sleep, I spent 8-9 hour periods of time on the game. 



So worth it. Every second. So worth it.


This game. Oh my goddesses. If you haven't played it, DO SO.


DO IT.




Granted, it was the biggest pain in the ass I've ever encountered (like I said, TANTRUMS), but once I figured out how to overcome the challenges I felt absolutely EPIC. I hated Midna at the beginning, and grew to love her by the time I finished up at Lake Hylia. I cried when she disappeared at the end. CRIED. SO. HARD. 


How could you hate a face like that...after a time, I mean...
And when I saw her again in her actual form, I cried even more. 


HOW COULD THIS NOT MAKE YOU CRY?!


And when she disappeared forever, I FREAKING BAWLED. WHY, MIDNA, WHY DID YOU HAVE TO BREAK THE FREAKING MIRROR OF TWILIGHT?! WHY COULDN'T YOU JUST KEEP THE CONNECTION BETWEEN YOU AND LINK?!


Need more tissues. Need more tissues ; ;


Alright. Yes. I cried a lot. I would go to the Realm of Twilight all over again. I would play this game over and over just to cry over and over. I felt for Midna near the end. I felt her pains, and her sorrows. 


I'm crying again, could you excuse me for a few more millenia?

No comments:

Post a Comment