Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Elephant in the Room

I do believe there is one. That thing is trumpeting constantly, it seems, and it makes my ears and head hurt. It does it when I'm awake, when I'm eating, when I'm typing, hell, it even wakes me up just to do it again! It's become so painful that it even makes my eyes water.
 
I'm not kidding, this is what I look like right now...or what it feels like...
I wish I could get my nose back to normal, because I'm going mad. I miss when I could blow my nose and something would come out. My nose feels like a waterfall but nothing ever comes out. I'm wasting tissues and tearing my skin up. And (you've felt this) when I'm about to sneeze, it dies and I am left with  watery, aching sinuses. It's around that time when I consider carving them out of my head or puncturing them. 

I am longing for the next stage and the aftermath of the cold, when I blow my nose and I can barely contain what comes out (sounds gross but it feels way better than this). When my head finally clears I will sing songs of utter joy...in a thick, mucous-clogged voice. It'll be weird cos I'll be able to hear my sinuses click. 

But hey, at least it'll all be gone until December. Or if not, it'll be gone till next year! Now, if you'll excuse me...


No comments:

Post a Comment