Sunday, September 25, 2011

Cinnamon Soda

My Pepsi tasted more like cinnamon today. Usually I can't really distinguish the flavours within the original. I hardly ever think about the fact that Pepsi has at least four different distinct tastes. It was just this summer that someone pointed them out; lemon, cinnamon, chocolate, and vanilla. He instructed me to taste for each one individually, to see if I couldn't find them. That evening I picked up a 2 litre of the cola, and sure enough, I tasted all four of them! Mind. Blown.

After that, I paid attention every once in a while when I decided to indulge myself, though really, I hardly had enough time to focus on it since I practically downed the drink every time. Most of the time I taste the chocolate, hardly ever lemon or vanilla. I don't really notice the cinnamon, either; I tended to associate it with those red candies that set your mouth on fire from their potency. 

Mmmm, so refreshing...but now I want the water in the background...
Maybe it was because of the food. I had dinner with my mother at Applebee's tonight, and after I found out I just don't like strawberry drinks (no matter how much lemonade you mix them with), I drank a Pepsi. The first flavour I tasted was cinnamon, and it was almost overpowering. The second one it came with was vanilla, but not nearly as distinctly. I realize now that it probably almost tasted like a snickerdoodle. We went on a 7-11 run for more soda, and the same thing happened; I tasted the cinnamon. But the funny thing is; I had a can this afternoon with lunch from the Festival; I didn't pick up on even a slight imbalance in flavour! 

For anyone who drinks Pepsi, I recommend you look for the four flavours. It will blow your mind if you can find them! And if it doesn't blow your mind, well, it's still interesting to notice them! Again, I note, these are all in the plain, original Pepsi.

No comments:

Post a Comment